Canada Day, the 4th of July, and Silver Lake

Usually on Canada Day we eat a lot of goodies like Nanimo bars and puffed wheat squares and just have a great time. This year I had to work and Greg has been super busy with work so we just wore our Canada shirts but that's something right?!

We spent the 4th of July with my family and it was so fun! We went to Jordanelle and my dad rented a wave runner for a few hours and we went out on the lake for a few hours. It was so great! It was my first time being on one and driving one. After that we got home and I made Asian honey chicken for dinner, you can find the recipe here. We ate it in front of the TV and watched Independence Day, what a classic movie! We took a lot of pictures!





Also for the record, I am never using spray on sunscreen again!! As you can tell from above, I am extremely white, and do not tan at all. I burn super easily though. I used the spray on sunscreen on my legs and I have patches of sun burn all over my legs because it did not cover very well. 

On the 5th we went up to Silver Lake with Greg's family. It was extremely hot but it was beautiful up there!


Us with Greg's siblings



It is going to be so hard to go back to reality tomorrow! We had such a great long weekend and I hate going back after a great break! Can't wait for our next vacation!

Comments

Popular Posts