New Year's and RMs

Happy 2015! We have had a great couple weeks. Busy, but so fun!

On New Year's Eve, my cousin and best friend and one of my favourite people ever, Jessica, came home from an 18 month Church mission (you can get more information on what missionaries do here). She was serving in Denver, CO. She lives in California, but she had a 3 hour layover in Salt Lake so we got to go see her for a couple hours! It was so great to see her! After she had to leave, we went to my parent's before going to a party. Our friend Jonathan's birthday is on New Year's Eve so they had a birthday/new year's party. There was good food, great friends, and fun games, we had a blast! New Year's day we went and had lunch with Greg's family and his aunt and uncle's family. After that, Greg had some work stuff he had to take care of and I got to be productive at home. It was really nice to have the day off and get to spend the whole day together. Those are my favourite days.

Jessica only got to be home in California for a couple of days before needing to come back to Utah for school that started on Monday. Her whole family came out with her and we got to go to dinner with them Saturday night and then hang out with them that night. We had a dance party at my grandma's after dinner and it was a blast! We have so much fun with our family! I did get some pictures from our dance party, but since we were all dancing, they came out pretty blurry but I still love them!






As you can tell, we went crazy and loved every second of it!

Sunday we had dinner with everyone at my Grandma's house again and it was a delicious meal as always. We played games for a little after dinner, and then it was time to call it a night and realize the weekend was over. Greg started school the next day so we had to make sure everything was all ready for that. I hate when he has to go back to school! One day he'll be done. 

Jessica and I have been best friends since she was born basically and we finally live in the same city for the first time since I was 5. We've already had a blast hanging out and I'm excited to be able to see her so often! 

I am really looking forward to this year. There is so much to look forward to this year, Remington coming home from his mission at the end of the year, Greg will be applying for grad school, it's our last full year living in Utah, and hopefully some travelling and making great memories. 2014 was full of struggles, fun adventures, and great times and I am so glad that I got to spend the full year married to my best friend! I am so excited for many more to come! I am excited for the new year and a chance to start fresh. I love new year's resolutions! I usually don't follow through with them, but I fortunately have my wonderful hubby to motivate me and keep me working towards my goals. I'm so glad to have him there to help me and make me want to be better. We have been so blessed and I can't wait to see what else is in store for us! 

Comments

Popular Posts