Friendsgiving, New Car, and Football

I have a lot to catch up on from the last couple weeks. We have been so busy and have had so much fun! A couple weeks ago we had a Friendsgiving with a bunch of our friends. Shannon and Jonathan had the idea and it was great! Everyone brought something and Shannon and Jonathan did the turkey and hosted. 2 of my 3 favourite things are friends and food so this was a great night for me! Greg and I brought 3 pies and fortunately had left overs. We of course brought pumpkin pie. I'm pretty picky about pumpkin pies but I love my Grandma Jo's pumpkin pie so I got her recipe and made that one. It was pretty good, but still not as good as hers. We also brought a Dutch apple and chocolate cream. Everything was delicious and we had a great time. I hope this will become a tradition!



Since February, we have had so many car problems. Seriously, if something could break on a car, it broke on one of our cars. We finally were able to sell our devil car and it was such a relief! We had a stressful week or so trying to find a new car. We didn't want to get stuck with another devil car so we took our time but it was brutal. All the cars worth seeing were in Salt Lake and it was hard to find time to get up there between work and school. We finally found one and I am so pleased with it! We really wanted a hatch back so that we'd have a little more trunk space and it would be better for camping. We got a 2007 Dodge Caliber and I love it! We broke it in with a nice trip to California, more on that to come. Greg doesn't like that it's white but that's our only complaint so far! We're still expecting the engine to fall our or something though since we have had such bad luck so far.

My grandparents have season tickets to the BYU football games and they have great seats! They asked if we wanted their tickets to the game against Savannah State. The forecast was for a very wet and cold day so they decided it would be better to watch from home. We of course wanted the tickets! While Greg was taking a test at school I went and picked the tickets up from my grandparents. I had a great time eating and catching up with them. Then Greg and I bundled up and broke in our new ponchos so we'd stay dry. The game was great because it's always nice to see your team win, but it was kind of boring because it was such a blow out. It was so fun though!


I don't always love living in Provo, but I love being so close to the mountains. It is really beautiful here. It's also nice to be so close to my grandparents, especially when they are looking to get rid of football tickets!

Comments

Popular Posts