Mongolian Beef

One of my absolute favourite dishes of any restaurant is definitely P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef. I found several copycat recipes on Pinterest for it but I never tried any of them. I looked over all the recipes I found and saw they have about the same things going for them. I decided to make my own recipe for it and we loved it! All the recipes I looked at used flank steak, but I just got a package of stew meat from the store. It was much cheaper that way.
For the Sauce:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 lb stew meat or flank steak
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3-4 sliced green onions

In a saucepan, heat the teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. When it is warm, add the ginger and the garlic. Let it cook for about a minute and then quickly add the soy sauce, water, and red wine vinegar so the garlic doesn't burn. Turn the heat up to medium high and add the brown sugar. When the sugar is dissolved, quickly mix in the cornstarch. Bring to a boil and let it boil for a couple of minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn the heat off and set it aside. In a frying pan, heat the 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Salt and pepper the meat and add to the oil. Brown the meat and remove from the oil. Pat the meat dry on a paper towel and add to the sauce. Heat it all up and add the green onions. We ate it with brown rice and it was delicious!





Comments

Popular Posts