Pioneer Day Weekend

Friday was Pioneer Day! In Utah it's a state holiday and we celebrate it like the 4th. Fireworks, BBQs, boating, etc. It's so fun! Since I work for a company that is based in Kentucky, we don't get the 24th off. Since I haven't taken a full day off of work since last year though, I decided I would take the 24th off and have fun! We planned to go boating with some friends and we started nice and early, much to Greg's chagrin. It was a perfect day for boating! It was great to be on the water. Thanks to the Metcalfs for taking us! Not long after we stopped for lunch, the boat died... Fortunately we were next to these super nice people that let us use their spare battery to get the boat back to the marina. The day was cut a little short, but it was so fun! After boating we were super tired! Nothing like a long shower and about 5 episodes of Friends to perk you back up! We slept so well that night!















On Saturday, we ran some errands and did other boring Saturday stuff before we went to my grandparents house. They have a couple of 4 wheelers and about 10 acres of land in Spanish Fork Canyon. But the 4 wheelers haven't worked for a couple years, but they just got them fixed! We went up to the top and got to enjoy all the views! I didn't bring my phone up so I didn't get any pictures at the top, but it was breathtaking!
After driving around for a while, it was time to eat! We all went to Red Robin. I have always liked Red Robin. Let me just tell you about this burger I had Saturday night. It was called "Southern Charm Burger" I think. There was a brown sugar glaze on the patty. A rich, sweet BBQ sauce, candied bacon, sauteed onions, and melty, gooey cheese on Ciabatta. It. Was. Delicious. I am salivating just thinking about it! If you like bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce, or America, I suggest you try one ASAP.

Sunday was such a relaxing day. It felt good to have all afternoon after Church to relax after a busy, fun weekend. Our relaxing Sundays usually involve Church, watching some House Hunters, a nap, and lots of cooking/eating. Those are sometimes my favourite kinds of days.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts