3rd Anniversary

Being married is such a funny thing. Greg and I have been married for 3 years today! 3 years sounds like such a long time, but at the same time I look back on our life together and think, "It's only been 3 years?" Because I feel like we've always been together! It is the strangest/funniest feeling. I'm so glad I have this blog to look back on for all of our adventures! We've had so much fun these 3 years and we are coming up on our biggest adventure yet in the fall! I can't wait! I'm so lucky I have Great, I know I say it all the time, but he is just the best. He's always making me laugh, he's so intelligent and we have the best conversations. I just love him! We decided that we need to work on our Utah bucket list so we thought our anniversary weekend would be the perfect time to go to Zion National Park. I've never been before! We only had the weekend but why not?!

We left Friday afternoon to drive down to St. George. We stayed at this cute little motel owned by a couple of old women. They were so nice! We got set up in our room and then got changed to go to dinner. We had a reservation at Painted Pony which had really good reviews. It was in this old brick building in this little corner with all these older buildings and there was a little fountain in the middle and it was so cute! The restaurant was upstairs above a little art gallery. It was really nice! We got to sit right next to the window which was great!
One of my favourite things about this place was they had these heavy metal goblets to drink from. It felt so old school and awesome! Plus it kept the water so cold! It was awesome! I want some!



Another one of my favourite things was the food! Everything was sooo good! We got coconut shrimp with a sweet chili sauce and cucumber noodles. I hate cucumbers but these actually weren't that bad. And the shrimp and sauce was delicious!! And it was such a beautiful dish.


For dinner I had the bone in pork chop that was brined and grilled. It came with corn bread pudding, a warm pear stuffed with bleu cheese and walnuts, and this amazing smoked tomato relish. The pork chop was perfectly cooked! Everything was perfect. Greg got the artichoke risotto with pesto and pancetta wrapped, stuffed chicken breast. So yummy!!


For dessert we split the lemon souffle with a strawberry rhubarb sauce. IT. WAS. SO. GOOD. Light, lemony, creamy, the sauce was sweet and a little tart, and this yummy crispy shortbread cookie on top. I love eating at fancy restaurants. The food is top notch, the presentation is on point, and the whole atmosphere makes for an amazing experience.






After dinner, we went to see Batman v Superman which was good. Better than I was expecting, but there were some weird parts for sure. Definitely worth seeing though!

Saturday we got up and packed up a lunch to take to Zion with us. The park was so full we had to park outside the park and walk in. The line for the shuttle was really long and I didn't feel like standing in line and then riding the shuttle first thing when we had the most energy so we just started following this trail called Watchman Trail. In the research I did before the trip, I didn't hear anything about this trail, but it was awesome! It was pretty long but it wasn't terribly difficult. And it was beautiful!! After getting back down, we sat for a while and snacked. The shuttle line was way shorter so we were able to almost walk right on. We went up to the top and walked along the river trail. Then we took the shuttle back down and hit the court of the patriarchs and Emerald Pools. Everything was amazing! It was exhausting though! After we left the park we stopped for dinner and then went back to the motel. It was an exhausting day! But so worth it!

Beginning of Watchman Trail







View from the top!











After a great night's sleep from being so exhausted, we woke up Sunday morning and went to Church with Greg's grandparents and his family. After Sacrament we hurried and packed up and headed back home. It was too short of a vacation but it was so fun! We had a great drive home and were able to unpack everything before going to Grandma Jo's for Easter dinner. We had ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls, fruit, green beans, and cheesecake with strawberry sauce. Everything was delish like normal! We got to decorate eggs and then launch them! One of my favourite traditions! We take a water balloon launcher and launch them into the mountain! So much fun! It was Greg's first time doing it and he loved it! It was a great ending to a fun weekend! I love that we get to share all these adventures together and that we have the rest of our lives for more adventures!


Comments

Popular Posts