4th Anniversary

My parents were in town on our anniversary, but we hadn't really planned anything for the day anyway. We did Paris as kind of an early anniversary trip and then Greg surprised me with reservations at a fancy place in Back Bay for the Friday night after my parents left. We even exchanged gifts a couple weeks early, whoops! Being the amazing husband that he is though, Greg surprised me with flowers and some chocolate when he came home from school on Wednesday. Friday night we headed downtown for dinner at Precinct Kitchen and Bar. Greg found a deal through Travel Zoo for dinner and it was pretty great! We got to share an appetizer, each choose an entree, and each get a dessert. We got the braised oxtails and cheesy grits for our appetizer and it was soo good! The tomato sauce it was in was so rich and flavourful. I was a big fan. For the entrees, Greg got braised beef short ribs with sweet potato mash and I got a whole fish with lemon sauce and arugula and fennel salad. It was awesome! I don't like sweet potatoes and I even loved Greg's sweet potato mash so that should tell you how good the food was. And then the best part! Dessert! Greg got the cinnamon sugar beignets with 3 dipping sauces (chocolate, espresso, and blueberry) and I got the flourless chocolate lava cake with berry coulis. The lava cake was great, I mean can you really go wrong with that? But the beignets were insane. Like doughnut holes but better! And the dipping sauces with them was so great! After dinner I surprised Greg with tickets to Power Rangers haha he'd really been wanting to see it. We both really loved the beginning of it. It was ok overall but got cheesier and cheesier the longer it went on haha good for nostalgia though! Given that we went to Paris at the beginning of the month, exchanged gifts halfway through the month and then did this at the end of the month, it kind of felt like we celebrated all month long which was awesome haha. I love any excuse to celebrate with Greg!

Braised oxtails

Entrees

Dessert!


Comments

Popular Posts