Family in Boston

My parents and sister got to come to Boston last week (Rem had school so he couldn't come unfortunately)! My mom and sister had spring break so they came out Monday-Friday. I didn't take all of work off, but we still had a great time with them! They flew in Monday evening and we met them at the airport to take the trains home so they could learn how they work. I think they were a little overwhelmed with them at first haha but they got them down!


Tuesday they went to the Science museum and loved it! We'll have to go check it out now. They came over for dinner and we played games. Then we took them to this great ice cream place by Greg's school and then took them over to BC. It was pouring rain so we didn't spend too much time walking around but the ice cream was worth it! Side note: in an effort to learn more about other cultures and religions, Greg and I decided to give up ice cream for Lent, but how often do you get to eat ice cream with your family in Boston? So we let it slide.

In front of the hockey arena

 Wednesday they went to Harvard and the aquarium. We had dinner at our apartment again and then we took them to the Prudential Center Mall. There are a lot of really expensive/fancy stores there that I thought Payton would want to see. Turns out while the mall is open until 9, a lot of the stores close at 8 so it was kind of a bust. But we walked right past the Lindt store on our way to the mall so of course we stopped in for some chocolate.




Thursday I took work off to spend the day with them. Greg has 2 classes on Thursday so he was stuck at school while we were partying which was a bummer! I walked over to the hotel my family was staying at in the morning and then we took the train to the harbour to go on a harbour cruise. It was 90 minutes of chilling on the boat, seeing the sites. It was great! It was a beautiful sunny day and it was nice to just sit and take it in. After the cruise we walked over to Legal Sea Foods for lunch. We were only about a 15 minute walk from the North End so we walked over there to see Old North Church. We walked through Little Italy to get to the train station and then took the train to the Prudential Center Mall.

















We were also going to the Skywalk Observatory and it was in the Mall. The Observatory was pretty cool, but pretty pricey for what it was I thought. After walking around the top, we went back down into the mall and my parents took a break while Payton and I went and did some shopping. When we got back we got some Boston Creme donuts at Dunkin', my parents wanted the full Boston experience haha. We went to 5 Napkin Burger for dinner. Greg and I have been here before so I knew we all could get away with just half a burger so Payton and I split one and my parents split one. After this we went to one of my favourite places, Eataly, to show my family and to get dessert. Us girls got gelatto and it was divine! I also got a pastry to bring home to Greg. Then we went back up to the Observatory to see the city lit up. It wasn't quite dark yet, but it was still cool. It was a great last full day with them here!







Friday they came over and had lunch with us before we drove them to the airport. It was snowing pretty hard but fortunately their flight wasn't delayed too much. Hopefully we have better weather next time they come!

Comments

Popular Posts