It's Finally Fall!

From October until about January 2nd it's my favourite time of the year! I become much happier in the cool weather. There are so many good things about fall! It's cool enough to bake lots, enjoy soup, wear sweaters, scarves, boots, football, basketball, it's just the best. I was already so thrilled with the cool weather and then to add my happiness, it was Conference weekend. General Conference is such a great time to recharge and hear tons of inspiring talks! I got to work on a craft while watching Conference and I was really pleased with how it turned out. It took 2 sessions of Conference so it was longer than I thought but I am really pleased with it!





I found wood picture frames at Micheal's for really cheap and the letters were cheap too, plus I had a coupon for 20% off everything so that was awesome. The cute scrapbook paper, paint, glitter, and pumpkins were all on sale at Hobby Lobby. I painted all the frames and letters. While the paint on the letters was wet I put the glitter on. I sprayed them with clear spray paint to keep the glitter on. I used mod podge on the glass to put the paper on and put it all together. Yay for fall decorations!
I also got to cook a lot this weekend which was great! There was a sale at Shopko so I finally got a dutch oven that I have been wanting for 60% off!

I broke it in by making Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, a recipe from Cooking Classy. It was arguably the best soup I've ever had. It was a great recipe! I also tried a recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Two Peas and Their Pod. I didn't have pumpkin butter and I didn't want to try to make it so I changed it a little. I used 1/4 cup of pumpkin and mixed in 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice about 2 tablespoons of white sugar. I spread a little bit of butter on the crescent dough first and then spread the pumpkin mixture on top of that. Everything else I did the same. They were really good. Just a little hint of pumpkin which was good since I don't love the flavour always.
The pumpkin mixture spread on the dough

The brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top

Icing them!

Deliciousness!    
Friday night we went with our friends to a corn maze. I love corn mazes! Not haunted ones though. It feels very much like fall when you go in one. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait for fall to be in full swing! Next Sunday we are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving and that is always a blast! Can't wait!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts