Memorial Day Weekend

We had so much fun Memorial Day weekend! After work on Friday, we were both super tired and ready for the weekend. We'd both had long weeks and we were ready for a break. We got to watch the NBA Conference Finals game that night which was fun! I love the NBA playoffs! And I love that Greg gets excited about them as well.

On Saturday we had a lazy morning which was great. Saturday evening we went and got pictures done and I am excited to see those! Afterwards we went to dinner with my family at Pei Wei. I actually tried something new there. I never try new things at restaurants I like. I always get Mongolian beef at Pei Wei and it is delicious. But I decided to be brave and try something new. I got garlic broccoli shrimp and it was so good! I guess I need to branch out more. Greg got the honey seared chicken which was also great. They just have great food there. After dinner with my family, we went to meet up with my friend Zach at City Creek. On the way over there, I realized we were really close to the house we lived in when I was really young. We took a little detour so I could see it. The house was so cute and white when we lived there. It is still cute, but no longer white. I was also surprised how small it was! Funny how big something can feel to you when you are 6.


On Sunday we went to dinner at my Grandma's house and it was great. My cousins Jacoby, Jessica, Gage and his wife Kerstin were there and my parents and sister came too. We had delicious food of course and it was a beautiful day so we went out and took pictures and had a lot of fun. I love these girls! And my hubby of course! Get ready for a picture over load, some of them are less than flattering but we had fun!





















On Memorial Day we went to Lagoon with my family. It was so fun! I can only ride one of the roller coasters because the rest make me sick, but it was still a blast! My dad can't do the roller coasters either so we get to hang out while Greg, my mom, and Payton go on the roller coasters. After Lagoon we went and tried a new restaurant. We went to Black Bear Diner. I love diner food! It's never the healthiest food and I am ok with that. I had a big juicy BBQ burger and loved it. Everyone's food looked great. After eating we went to see Greg's family. They had planned to do a fire and make s'mores. I love s'mores but I was so full from my burger that I couldn't eat a s'more. And of course, 5 minutes after we started the fire, it started to rain. Hadn't rained all day but of course that couldn't last. Everyone that wanted a s'more was still able to make one at least so that's good. It was so great to have a long weekend. I'm so grateful we have a day we can set aside to remember those who have sacrificed for our country. We are so blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts