Utah 2017

Sunday morning we got up and drove with my family to Utah. It was fortunately an uneventful drive and we made good time getting home. I was planning on working while in Utah still so after about 6 hours of sleep it was back to work. After work I went and visited an old coworker for a few minutes. He makes these amazing rolling pins so I bought one from him. I am in love with it! We headed back to Salt Lake and went to see our friends, Shannon and Jonathan. They had a baby in January and while we've seen her over FaceTime, we hadn't met her yet! So we finally got to meet Bentley! It was great to see Shannon and Jonathan again and meet sweet Bentley.



The rest of the week was spent working and meeting up with friends and family. Thursday night we went to see our friends Mike and Vanessa who also had a baby in January! So we got to meet Huxley! He was so cute! It's so fun seeing our friends as parents. We saw Shannon and Jonathan (and Bentley) again and then on Saturday my cousin, Jessica, came to spend the day with me! She's my bff, favourite cousin, there aren't really words to describe our relationship haha. That night a few friends came to my parent's house for a pop up dinner. I had a blast cooking for them and an even better time catching up with people. It was such a fun night.

1st Course: Bruschetta with bacon, greens, ricotta, strawberries and balsamic glaze

2nd Course: Shrimp Scampi

Lemon pies with raspberry sauce

On the 4th we had a great lunch with my family, saw Greg's parents, and went over to Jonathan's parents house for some games and fireworks. The best part was Bentley during the fireworks! She wasn't scared at all and just loved them! She even fell asleep during them! It was really great to be with friends and family on the holiday.



Bentley kept watching the fireworks even though we tried so hard to get her to look at the camera haha

I also had the 5th off from work so we got to sleep in a little and met my parents for lunch. After lunch my mom, sister and I went to see Wonder Woman which was great! We got to see Shannon, Jonathan and Bentley again Wednesday night before we left. We had an over night flight that we got no sleep on, but we were so glad to be able to get back to Utah and see friends and family. It was a shorter trip so we didn't get to see everyone, but it was still a great trip!


Comments

Popular Posts