Oven Fried Chicken and Zucchini Fries

I know so many people who like dark meat. I am NOT one of those people. I don't like dark turkey or chicken meat. People who like dark meat say it's more flavourful and juicy but I just think it's greasy and weird... But when drumsticks go on sale for 88 cents a pound, it's really hard to pay 2 times that for chicken breasts... Fortunately, I have a family recipe for oven fried chicken that I actually love! And it's so easy! You put all the ingredients except chicken in a zip top bag, mix it up, toss in the drumsticks, and bake them! The dredge is so delicious! So much flavour! And the outside gets nice and crispy and the chicken is still juicy. I just never know what to serve with this chicken because it's a fattier meat than we usually eat so I want a healthier side to go with it. Fortunately, Cooking Channel knows the struggle! Thanks to Tia Mowry at home, I found this recipe for Crispy Zucchini Fries. I really like zucchini if it's cooked well and throw a crispy fried breading on it, I knew it had to be delicious. And it was! The breading was so flavourful and crispy. The zucchini inside was perfectly cooked. Serve it with a little BBQ fry sauce and it was almost as good as real fries. I say almost, because nothing can replace real potato fries in my life, but knowing these zucchini fries are a lot better for me and how good they taste, brings them pretty close.


Oven Fried Chicken Recipe

1 c flour
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp thyme
1 T salt
1/2 T celery salt
1/2 T pepper
1 T dry mustard
2 T season salt
1 T paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
Chicken drumsticks
Combine all ingredients except chicken in a zip top bag. Coat chicken. Place chicken on greased baking sheet. Cook at 375 for 1 hour, turning over after 30 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts