Valentine's Day

This last weekend was much needed! We have both been so stressed waiting to hear back from grad schools, wondering if we are even going to be going to grad school this year, just waiting for everything! It's been so hard and stressful and having work and school and family issues on top of everything else has been such a challenge. It's exhausting. This weekend we had the whole weekend to spend time together and we had all the time in the world to do the things we wanted to. It was such a nice change of pace to be able to relax and not be bombarded with thinking about grad school, changes, etc. I am so grateful for Greg! When I am feeling really stressed and anxious, he can calm me down and make me feel totally fine about everything coming up. And this Valentine's weekend really proved how well he knows me. Friday night we had a couple errands to run which I wasn't really looking forward to, but I was with Greg at least haha. While I did some baking for our Saturday adventures, Greg was able to work on some homework which meant we'd be able to spend more time together Saturday! After all the baking was done, Greg did all the dishes! He rocks. And we spent the rest of the night watching Modern Family. I usually don't care for nights just spent in watching tv shows but oh man it felt good to not do anything! On Saturday we got to sleep in which was also awesome! Greg made me pancakes for breakfast. I adore pancakes. After breakfast we packed a picnic lunch to take up to Park City. I made a sun dried tomato mayo to use in a wrap with mesquite smoked turkey, provolone, and lettuce. So delicious! I had made cookies Friday night to bring with us for the picnic. And I made a sparkling honey limeade to drink. Greg fell in love with that drink haha he said something about it every time he took a drink. We drove up to Park City which was so great! We desperately wanted to get out of the disgusting air in the valley. Plus I love Park City. We got up there, ate our lunch, and we went and walked around in several art galleries. We saw some amazing things! We also went in this cute little book store that I just loved! Except they randomly had some cats wandering around in the store so we couldn't spend too much time in there because man my allergies were bad. It was so beautiful and we had so much fun!

Look how clear the air is!!

The sparkling honey limeade

After Park City we went back home and I made dinner. I love eating out, a lot, but I do not like going out on Valentine's Day or at all the weekend of it. It gets so crazy! It's so not worth it to me. So instead we decided last year we would splurge and make fancy food at home instead! I love this idea because I get to try fancy foods that we normally wouldn't buy. I love attempting to cook new things. This year I made a spinach and citrus salad. I don't love salads but I wanted something light and with the citrus in there, it really wasn't that bad. I also made pan seared salmon and mushroom and spinach risotto. I love risotto! For dessert I attempted creme brulee. I made an orange creme brulee and it turned out really well! Thank  you Ina Garten for the recipe! Delicious! After dinner Greg took me to see Zoolander 2 and I loved it! Greg was even pleasantly surprised at how funny it was. It's just such dumb humour and I love it!





Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We actually had church at one yesterday which was awesome! It also worked out really well because my parents went to the Bahamas this weekend to celebrate 24 years of marriage! And since they were gone we were able to have Rem and Payton come down and go to church with us and have dinner with us. We had a lot of fun with them! It was also good for them to come down because we had extra creme brulee, tons of cinnamon buns, lots of sugar cookies, etc. that we needed help eating. They were more than happy to help us eat all of our treats haha. This weekend was so much fun and it was so relaxing. Greg really spoiled me for Valentine's Day too. He bought me the most beautiful pearl earrings and necklace and my favourite chocolates. He is too sweet. I really don't know how I got so lucky to get someone so handsome, smart, thoughtful, patient, and funny. I am a lucky girl!



Comments

Popular Posts