Bruschetta Skewers and Wedge Salad Skewers

For Greg's grad party I made bruschetta skewers. I was going to do Caprese skewers but thought adding a little homemade crouton would make it even better, so bruschetta! It was so easy and delicious! Half a grape tomato, a cube of mozzarella, a basil leaf, and a homemade crouton on a toothpick. I took about 1/2 inch thick slices of French bread and cut into 4 equal pieces. Coat with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. To finish, I drizzled a little balsamic glaze over them. It was about 1/2 c of balsamic vinegar and 1/4 c of sugar. Heat over medium high heat and let reduce. Make sure to stir the bottom once in a while so it doesn't burn on the bottom. Such a delicious and easy appetizer!



I love a good wedge salad. But they're not very easy to eat at a casual party like this was. So I decided to follow my theme and just stick it on a toothpick. I made crispy bacon and cut into small pieces. Use half a grape tomato, and a chunk of iceberg lettuce. Thread it all on a toothpick and drizzle with your choice of dressing! The roasted garlic vinaigrette I used was really great on these. It was a little creamy but still light and had a really bright flavour.


Comments

Popular Posts