Strawberry Crisp

My brother and a friend had a blind double date on Saturday with some BYU girls so they wanted to do lunch at our apartment. I kept it simple and just did chicken sandwiches with a garlic basil aioli. But you can't serve someone a meal and not do dessert! It was kind of last minute that I was doing this meal so I pretty much just used what I had on hand. I had these big, juicy, beautiful strawberries on hand and thought I'd experiment with a strawberry crisp. I've never seen a strawberry crisp but figured it would be delicious and worth the experiment. It was super easy to put together! And delicious! It was warm and juicy, a little sweet and with some cream on top, delish!

Ingredients:
1 lb strawberries
2-3 T sugar

Crisp topping:
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/4 c cold butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut up the strawberries into chunks. Add the sugar to the chunked up strawberries and let macerate for a few minutes while making the crisp topping. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or a fork. Put the macerated strawberries into a baking dish or individual ramekins. Top with the crisp topping and bake. For ramekins it took about 15-20 minutes. A baking dish would take a little bit longer so just keep an eye on it. Serve with some whip cream or ice cream and it will be delicious!


Comments

Popular Posts