Halloween

Usually Greg and I are super boring about Halloween. When we were dating I don't think we even did anything for Halloween because I was working probably. And the first year we were married we stayed home and watched Hocus Pocus and ate candy which was a blast because Hocus Pocus is the best Halloween movie there is! Last year we actually dressed up and went to a Halloween party and that was fun. This year we had so many plans for Halloween! We planned a party on Halloween with our friends and then got invited to a party that some of my high school friends were doing, and then we got invited to a Harry Potter themed Halloween party. I actually got excited about Halloween which was fun! I wanted to use my skirt from last year's costume again so I decided to go as Bellatrix Lestrange. Greg was jealous that I would get to have a dark mark tattoo so he decided to go as Draco Malfoy so he could have it too. Our costumes were pretty easy to put together and the best part was by far our tattoos! Mine's already practically gone which is too bad, but it was fun while it lasted!

Our Halloween celebrations started with the Harry Potter party that a couple in our ward did. It was a blast! Anything involving Harry Potter is fun. We ate Harry Potter themed treats and did the Triwizard Tournament which involved different games, some trivia, a relay, etc. Everyone's costumes were great! We had a marvellous Snape, McGonagall, Hagrid, Trelawney, Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch, several good Harry's and Ginny's. It was great!

On the 30th we went to a party with some high school friends. It was really great to see everyone and catch up for a minute. I couldn't stay to long because I'm allergic to cats and my reaction was super bad that night so that was a bummer. This is why I should always have Claritin with me!

On actual Halloween, we started our celebrations early and had donuts for breakfast. I had 3... But it was a holiday so it's like it doesn't count! Right...? Greg had to take a test that day so he did some studying and then went to take his test. I ran some errands while he was taking his test and then it was time to get all our stuff together and go set up at Grandma's house for the party! My grandparents live in this really fun house. I love it! So many great memories there. But it's also a little creepy at night because you can't see any of their neightbours, they don't have any close. That's why we decided to do our party there! That and having 8 people (us, Shannon and Jonathan, Tim and Sarah, Mike and Vanessa) in our apartment gets a little cozy. A lot cozy. So we went go Grandma's and got everything set up. We had soup and grilled cheese and veggies for dinner (I know we're grown ups now because we had a veggie tray at a Halloween party), caramel apple dippers to snack on, and brownies for dessert! We played Heads Up which is probably my favourite group board game. You have to do ridiculous things and it's great! We laughed so much while we played. After that we decided to do something amazing! We had a Nerf gun war in the basement. I hadn't done that for years!! We did boys vs girls and played capture the ping pong paddle (aka capture the flag) and it was so much fun! The Nerf guns were fairly old so they didn't always want to shoot but that didn't even matter haha it was so fun! We love our friends!

My dark mark

At our Harry Potter party




Comments

Popular Posts