Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms

Sometimes I try to do a meatless meal once a week. It doesn't always happen because meat is delicious. But I know it's good for the budget and my body to cut it sometimes. It's so hard. Because beans, vegetables, pasta dishes, whatever will always be better with meat I think. But I always hear vegetarians say they love portabella mushrooms for their meatiness so I thought I'd give it a shot. Tomatoes were on sale when I bought the mushrooms and that got the juices flowing. I love bruschetta! And so does Greg. Even if he would rather have some chicken with it. So I made my bruschetta/fresh tomato sauce recipe and got to work on the mushrooms. After cleaning them and making sure they were really dry, I rubbed olive oil, salt, and pepper on both sides of the mushrooms and put them in a hot grill pan. I let them cook for about 4-5 minutes per side and then pulled them out. We filled them with the fresh tomato sauce and added a fair bit of feta to them. They were delicious! Nice and meaty and the flavours of the tomato sauce went really well with the mushrooms. Even Greg was only a little bit sad there wasn't meat to go along with it!



Comments

Popular Posts